February 19, 2016
INDUSTRY AWARDS (14 AWARDS)
COUNTRY MUSIC PROGRAM OR SPECIAL OF THE YEAR – AWARD #31
This award is presented to the production company of an original Canadian-produced country music program or special whose original airing on television or radio (including network or cable) was within the current eligibility period. A special is considered to be a one-time production and a program is a collection of individual episodes. Therefore, individual episodes of a program are not eligible.
- The current eligibility period is March 1, 2019 through to April 30, 2020;
- The production company must have an operating office located in Canada;
- A minimum of one (1) person from the production company is required to be a member of the CCMA in good standing, prior to the end of the Second Ballot (July 16, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. ET);
- The program or special must be a minimum of 30 minutes in duration;
- In the event of a co-production, the co-producer team would stand collectively for the co-production;
- For Program Specials, final nominees from the previous year are not eligible in the current year for the same special. (This does not apply to continuous country music programs, however, it applies only to one-off country music specials).
The Country Music Program or Special of the Year Award follows a three (3) step selection process:
- STEP ONE (First Ballot) – Each eligible CCMA Member may submit one (1) contender. The ten (10) contenders receiving the most votes will appear on the Second Ballot, providing they meet the eligibility requirements, as determined by the CCMA Awards Verification Committee. In the case of a tie, more than ten (10) contenders will appear on the Second Ballot;
- STEP TWO (Second Ballot) – From the list of ten (10) contenders provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) contender they deem most deserving. The five (5) contenders receiving the most votes will appear on the Third (and final) Ballot as nominees. In the case of a tie, more than five (5) nominees will appear on the Third Ballot;
- STEP THREE (Third Ballot) – From the list of five (5) nominees provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) nominee they deem most deserving. The nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner. In the case of a tie, more than one (1) winner will be announced.
- One (1) award is presented to the production company, courtesy of the CCMA. In the event of a co-production, one (1) award is presented to (each of) the production teams courtesy of the CCMA.