February 19, 2016
INDUSTRY AWARDS (14 AWARDS)
RECORD PRODUCER(S) OF THE YEAR – AWARD #38
This award is presented to a producer(s), primarily involved in the recording and/or mixing process for selected project(s) released within the current eligibility period. Voters should give consideration to all aspects, including but not limited to a commercially released single, album or EP crediting the producer, as well as chart status.
- The current eligibility period is March 1, 2019 through to April 30, 2020;
- The producer(s) must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant. On collaborations, at least one (1) of the producers must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant;
- Second Ballot contenders are required to be members of the CCMA, in good standing, by the end of the Second Ballot (July 16, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. ET) in order to move on to the Third (and final) Ballot. Within a collaboration, at least 50% of the contributing members must be members of the CCMA;
- In the event of co-production, the co-producer team would stand collectively for the co-production;
- In the event of multiple products by the same producer(s), products will be listed collectively on the ballot;
- Final nominees from the previous year are not eligible in the current year for the same product;
- If an album was a final nominee from the previous year, a single from the same album is eligible only if the producers listed on the single are different.
The Record Producer(s) of the Year Award follows a three (3) step selection process:
- STEP ONE (First Ballot) – Each eligible CCMA Member may submit one (1) contender. The ten (10) contenders receiving the most votes will appear on the Second Ballot, providing they meet the eligibility requirements, as determined by the CCMA Awards Verification Committee. In the case of a tie, more than ten (10) contenders will appear on the Second Ballot;
- STEP TWO (Second Ballot) – From the list of ten (10) contenders provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) contender they deem most deserving. The five (5) contenders receiving the most votes will appear on the Third (and final) Ballot as nominees. In the case of a tie, more than five (5) nominees will appear on the Third Ballot;
- STEP THREE (Third Ballot) – From the list of five (5) nominees provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) nominee they deem most deserving. The nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner. In the case of a tie, more than one (1) winner will be announced.
- One (1) award is presented to (each of) the producer(s), courtesy of the CCMA.