February 19, 2016
INDUSTRY AWARDS (14 AWARDS)
RON SAKAMOTO TALENT BUYER OR PROMOTER OF THE YEAR – AWARD #40
This award is presented to one (1) individual talent buyer or promoter, who presents and promotes Canadian country acts within the current eligibility period.
- The current eligibility period is March 1, 2019 through to April 30, 2020;
- The talent buyer or promoter must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant;
- Second Ballot contenders are required to be members of the CCMA, in good standing, by the end of the Second Ballot (July 16, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. ET) in order to move on to the Third (and final) Ballot;
- This award is presented to one (1) individual. Any votes containing more than one (1) name on the First Ballot will be considered INVALID;
- The talent buyer or promoter must have bought or promoted at least fifteen (15) Canadian country acts, events or a combination of both, with Canadian content, within the eligibility period;
- The individual must have been employed, and in the applicable position within the corresponding company for a minimum of 50% of the current eligibility period;
- After receiving the CCMA ‘Talent Buyer or Promoter of the Year’ Award for 17 consecutive years the award was re-named in Ron Sakamoto’s honour making him no longer eligible for this award.
The Ron Sakamoto Talent Buyer or Promoter of the Year Award follows a three (3) step selection process:
- STEP ONE (First Ballot) – Each eligible CCMA Member may submit one (1) contender. The ten (10) contenders receiving the most votes will appear on the Second Ballot, providing they meet the eligibility requirements, as determined by the CCMA Awards Verification Committee. In the case of a tie, more than ten (10) contenders will appear on the Second Ballot;
- STEP TWO (Second Ballot) – From the list of ten (10) contenders provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) contender they deem most deserving. The five (5) contenders receiving the most votes will appear on the Third (and final) Ballot as nominees. In the case of a tie, more than five (5) nominees will appear on the Third Ballot;
- STEP THREE (Third Ballot) – From the list of five (5) nominees provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) nominee they deem most deserving. The nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner. In the case of a tie, more than one (1) winner will be announced.
- One (1) award is presented to the talent buyer/promoter, courtesy of the CCMA.