February 16, 2018
Now Hiring: Communications Coordinator (Summer Position) for the CCMA
POSITION: Communications Coordinator (Summer Position/Student Co-op or Internship)
The Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) is looking to hire a summer position specializing in communications.
This position will primarily be responsible for assisting the CCMA Communications Lead with all communications and marketing initiatives associated with Country Music Week 2018 and other CCMA programs. The position best suits candidates with an upbeat and flexible attitude with a desire to work in a small, fast-paced, not-for-profit environment that demands a team player approach.
The successful candidate will be required to travel to Hamilton, Ontario for Country Music Week 2018 from September 3 through September 10, 2018. The term of this contracted position is to commence May 1, 2018 and end September 10, 2018, and is located in downtown Toronto, Ontario.
The position’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain current database of Canadian country radio contacts and other industry partners
- Be point-of-contact for Radio Row event as part of Country Music Week
- Oversee paid distribution service for the CCMA Awards Program
- Manage contest fulfillment packages
- Respond to and track requests for donations
- Respond to general inquiries about the CCMA, CCMA Awards and Country Music Week
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of media releases and CCMA member announcements and other communications deliverables
- Coordinate the assembly and distribution of media kits and press materials
- Assist with the research, development and implementation of social media materials
- Execute social media communications plans while engaging and tracking followers and interactions
- Research, fact check and gather communications materials as needed
- Assist with media relations and communications at events prior to and during Country Music Week
- Manage and maintain a media tracking system for CCMA coverage
- Professionally and effectively interface with members, media, key stakeholders and the public
- General duties and administration
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Presently working towards a diploma in communications, public relations, music management, or other applicable fields (preferred but not required)
- Proficient with all social media platforms
- Professional written and verbal communications skills; ability to produce a variety of written materials
- Demonstrable editing and proofreading skills
- Working knowledge of Canadian media landscape
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage duties as assigned
- Ability to work well in a team environment with constantly shifting priorities
- Proven ability to work with confidential information
- Strong attention to detail and above average organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable learning new technical applications
ABOUT THE CANADIAN COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION (CCMA)
Established in 1976, the CCMA is a membership-based, not-for-profit organization committed to the promotion and recognition of Canadian country music. Built upon the foundation to educate, elevate and celebrate Canadian talent, the CCMA progressively heralds the spirit, community and creativity that country music fosters through year-round initiatives, culminating every fall with Country Music Week and the Canadian Country Music Association Awards.
The CCMA office is located in downtown Toronto and prides itself on its casual and friendly environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send resume to: email@example.com.
Posting closes Friday, March 9, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
Please note that only those accepted for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or visits please.