February 4, 2015
Now Hiring: Ticketing & Administration Coordinator (Summer Student) for the CCMA
Canadian Country Music Association
POSITION: Ticketing & Administration Coordinator (Summer Student)
The Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) is looking to hire a Summer Student specializing in administration and customer service.
Reporting to the Manager of Membership, this positon will primarily be responsible for delegate registration and ticketing for the CCMA’s annual Country Music Week being held this September in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The position best suits candidates with an upbeat and flexible attitude with a desire to work in a small, fast-paced not-for-profit environment that demands a team player approach.
The successful candidate will be required to travel to Halifax, Nova Scotia for Country Music Week 2015 from September 7, 2015 to September 14, 2015.
This contracted term position is from May 4, 2015 to September 14, 2015 and is located in downtown Toronto, Ontario. The candidate MUST be presently attending post-secondary school and planning to return to school in the fall of 2015. "
The position’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- General administration duties as required; including but not limited to: filing, couriers, invoice tracking and supply management
- Data entry and collection
- Assistance with content collection for the new CCMA database as required
- Assist other CCMA staff as needed
Country Music Week
- Responsible for the reporting of on-site cash/credit transactions
- Coordination of all host-city registration processes
- Serves as prime for all Country Music Week delegate questions
- On-site registration manager at Country Music Week Edmonton
- Assist with coordination of delegate shuttles and VIP transportation requirements
- Assist with seating requirements for delegates, artists and VIPS
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Working towards a diploma in business administration, music management or hospitality and tourism; and returning to school in the fall of 2015
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Experience with data entry
- Strong attention to detail and above average organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage duties as assigned
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT THE CANADIAN COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION (CCMA)
Established in 1976, the CCMA is a membership-based, not-for-profit organization committed to the promotion and recognition of Canadian country music. Built upon the foundation to educate, elevate and celebrate Canadian talent, the CCMA progressively heralds the spirit, community and creativity that country music fosters through year-round initiatives, culminating every fall with Country Music Week and its CCMA Awards program (ccma.org).
The CCMA office is located in downtown Toronto and prides itself on its casual and friendly environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only those accepted for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or visits please.
Posting closes Friday, February 27, 2015.