This award is for an album as a whole unit. The award will be given based upon Canadian record sales, physical and digital, only during the eligibility period.
- The current eligibility period is March 1, 2014 through to April 30, 2015;
- This award is based on sales in Canada and can be won by a non-member;
- Multi-artist compilations do not qualify.
- Individual digital track sales will be converted to album sales using the formula ten (10) digital tracks sold = one (1) album sold. Sales figures supplied may be audited by our accounting firm.
- The album with the greatest unit sales will be declared the winner;
- The results will be provided by Nielsen Entertainment;
- There is no voting in this category.
- The Top Selling Album of the Year Award is presented at the annual CCMA Gala Dinner & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the act, courtesy of the CCMA. In the case of a group or duo, one (1) award will be presented to each core member of the group/duo.