This award recognizes excellence in the area of an artist’s social media and web related activities. This award will be presented to an artist who participates in meaningful digital interaction and maintains a professional website which serves as their main hub. Jury and third ballot voters will give consideration to not only the quantity but also the quality of an artist or group’s interaction with their fans via social media outlets (ie. Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Myspace, YouTube, Instagram etc.), content of personal website (ie. graphic design, layout, etc.).
- The current eligibility period is March 1, 2014 through to April 30, 2015;
- The act must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant. In the case of a group or duo, at least 50% of the group/duo must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants;
- All final nominees are required to be members of the CCMA (industry level) in good standing. Within a group or duo, 50% of the contributing members must be members of the CCMA.
Interactive Artist or Group of the Year follows a three (3) step selection process:
- STEP ONE - Artists are invited to submit a package detailing number of social media followers, frequency of interaction and details of any social campaigns executed within the eligibility period by the artist or group. Click here for further details on the submission process;
- STEP TWO - A jury (consisting of industry and social media professionals) will review submissions and vote for the final five (5) nominees. The final five (5) nominees will appear on third ballot for membership voting;
- STEP THREE (third ballot) - From the list of nominees supplied, each eligible CCMA member may vote for ONE, AND ONLY ONE nominee in each category. The nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner.
- The Interactive Artist or Group of the Year Award is presented at the annual CCMA Gala Dinner & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the act, courtesy of the CCMA. In the case of a group or duo, one (1) award will be presented to each core member of the group/duo.